Friday, June 29, 2012

Feather-footed through the plashy fen passes the questing vole

First off, to Rachel (if that is your real name) from Cardholder Services: No buttsex from me! Not going to the back of that very long line.
Someday somebody will listen to your entire message & pay enough attention to send men with guns & axes to your door. Won't be me. I have plenty of other minor annoyances to deal with. One that has become quite minor is Megan McArdle of the Daily Beast. This is a site that reminds me of why I decided to post lots and lots of pictures. It's BORRRRING! Sure, many decades back in a small town in England, Evelyn Waugh was kind of fun to read. Now? Bad graphics & 15 writers saying nothing much just doesn't cut it. We have Thomas Friedman if we want to read utterly empty wordstrings. Still, there is something to be learned from any McArdle post: 3. Some people, maybe including me, will be helped by the bill. Even if you think that this bill will, on net, make more people worse off, you should still be glad for the people who are being helped. For those who wondered whether McArdle's move from Senior Editor at The Atlantic to Special Correspondent at The Beast was a move up or grabbing onto something after getting canned, this gives the answer : She's not even on the company health plan now. Since this is a catch up post, remember Hang Up & Pedal? The latest impediment to biking is the Rolling Enforcers of Etiquette.
Biking a route I've taken for 24 years, some punk starts telling me how it should be done. Life is brutal. So I pull some dodgy (but safe & legal) maneuver to get away. Does it help? Of course not! They catch up & start ranting. It's happened twice. Maybe time for the Italian solution. Anyhow, this is where we leave with some cheesecake. Judge Parker for the last 3 weeks has featured a character who seems to be based on the Jack Weston Fed from Gator. Gator was a pretty good flick, especially the scenery. And by scenery, I mean pictures of the rural south - fields, water, shacks. Only for the poster, they had to add a curvy wench. Trouble was, the female star was Lauren Hutton.
Stick in the middle was her. Which is why all the posters were drawings, not photos.
Seacrest out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time I read a blog, I hope that it does not fail me as much as this
particular one. After all, I know it was my choice to
read, nonetheless I really believed you would probably have something helpful to say.
All I hear is a bunch of moaning about something that you could possibly fix if you weren't too busy looking for attention.
Feel free to visit my homepage - mature sex toys,

Downpuppy said...

I'd love to have a business where "Shove it up your ass" is proper customer service.

This is a hobby, not a business.

Susan of Texas said...

That's a first--a dominatrix blog whore.

Downpuppy said...

Can you believe that McArdle hasn't posted in a month?

No fresh fail to chew.